The requirements to become a a Master Naturalist are simple. An applicant must:
- Be at least eighteen years of age.
- Must fill out an application and be accepted into the program.
- Must submit tuition fee for the course (currently $100.00).
- Must attend 7 out of 10 workshops from the initial training curriculum.
- Two of the workshops attended must be “Interpretation and Volunteering” & “Biodiversity & Ecology.”
- Must pass an open-book test on the course curriculum.
To maintain status as a naturalist in good standing, a naturalist must:
- Pay annual dues to the Association (currently $25.00).
- Complete at least six hours of continuing education per year.
- Devote at least twenty environmentally-oriented volunteer hours in the community.